Creating a Windows Bootable USB Drive from CD/DVD disk with Command Prompt (For MBR system)
- Launch Command Prompt as Administrator
2. Then enter the command Diskpart and then List disk
3. Select the thumb drive (In my case is disk 2) by entering the command sel disk 2
4. Type clean (All data will be wipe)
5. Type create partition primary.
6. Type sel partition 1.
7. Type active to make partition active. (Refer to below note if error occur)
8. Type format fs=ntfs quick and wait until formatting is complete.
9. Copy all files from Windows installations CD/DVD to formatted USB drive and the USB will be Windows bootable USB drive.
Note: The below error will occurs when you want to active a partition on a UEFI System. The command need to be run on a disk system with MBR.